March at Matlack Florist means one thing. It’s time for our Annual Silk Sale!! All through the month of March, everything silk in our shop is 20% off!! In honor of our big sale, we’d like to share with you some ideas of what you can do with silks! So read on for some floral inspiration!
Silks are a great way to introduce a floral presence into your home without having to worry about the care necessary for a living plant or cut flowers. Today’s silk stems can look so real that it’s tough to tell the difference from a silk flower and the flower that it’s modeled after. Transform your space by incorporating an eye-catching silk floral piece into your decor.
Here are 5 ways to use silk flowers in your home:
The most classic use of silk flowers is to create a floral arrangement. Silk arrangements can brighten up any living space, from your foyer to your living room to even your bathroom! For the most true-to-life display, rotate your silk flowers with the season. Your silks should reflect an arrangement that your florist could make using fresh flowers at any given point in time. For example, if it is spring time, then perhaps an arrangement of tulips or forsythia might be more appropriate than, say, a sunflower arrangement.
Many florists have pre-made silk arrangements for you to choose from or you can work with a designer to have a custom design created for your home. Here are some things to consider when having a custom piece made:
1. The Placement: In which room will the arrangement be placed in your home? How big is the space? Will the arrangement be used as a centerpiece (viewed from all sides) or will only one side of the arrangement be viewable?
2. The Container: What kind of container should your silk arrangement be designed in? Some florists may have beautiful vases available for sale, however you can also bring in your own container for the florist to use. Don’t be afraid to get creative with your container!
3. The Color Scheme: Which colors should your piece include? Bring along photos of your home decor, so that the designer can see the space that the arrangement should complement!
4. The Style: You’ll want your arrangement to fit into the style of your home? Is your style Country? Asian? Contemporary? Coastal? French? Tropical? Western? Traditional? Would you like the arrangement to be full or loose?
5. The Size: How big would you like your arrangement to be? Again, consider the space that you are working with. Is this going to be a focal point of a large foyer, or simply an extra touch in your powder room? The space should dictate how large you can go!
Here are a couple of Matlack Florist custom designs:
Continue reading 5 Ways to Use Silks in Your Home